Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Simple Life

Today was a day where I truly enjoyed the simple pleasures of life. Andrea woke up around 9:30 and after some homework and playing with toys in her room, we went over to Loli's house. Andrea's other grandma, Rosa, came to visit and brought her 7 year old cousin, Marc, to play. She and him had a good time and it took a little burden off of me. The 4 of us went to swim in the pool and then we went to the beach. Somehow I feel that Marc appreciated my castle building skills far more than Andrea who always just wants to destroy them (much to my dismay haha).

We ate lunch at Loli's and both Raul and Alicia came over for the afternoon. Raul no longer has to work in the evenings because his vacation starts next week. I napped with baby Alicia downstairs and then sat in the sun for an hour talking with Rosa about life.

I went back home at 7 so that I could go for a run. I did 6 miles which felt really good to me. I came home and got to skype with Cait, who is safely back in Ohio. When I told Andrea I talked to her, she was super jealous, so I called her back and we talked a little more, although Andrea suddenly got shy again.

Before dinner I studied for the GRE and then we ate eggplant, tomato, greenbeans, and ham out on the terrace. Andrea was being funny and cute so I felt content. I can't believe tomorrow is hump day already...these last 10 days will surely fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment