Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time is running short!

I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday and that in a week's time I will be packing up to head home. It's crazy how the time flies!

Yesterday was an average day--nothing particularly exciting, but nothing bad either. I felt really lazy in the afternoon because I spent until 8 pm reading my book. I just get addicted and then I can't stop! I got lucky because Andrea's cousin, Marc, came over again right after we finished eating at 3, so I was free for a long period of time. Finally as the sun was setting I went for a 4 mile run. Raul had his padel game, so it was just the girls for the night. I spent time with Andrea and Ali while Alicia made us a cute dinner of tuna, tomato, and cheese.

Today I got lucky because Andrea slept in until 10:15. Woo, extra sleep for me too! We did homework and she behaved very well all day. So when we got home I let her watch Bear in the Big Blue House on my computer. Then she was listening to songs on my Ipod and I need to capture a video of her face when a fast song comes on. She gets so into it hahaha.

I had another lazy afternoon, napping and reading. My body was tired of running, so I decided to go on a walk at 8 and then I kind of just didn't stop. I walked up past where Cait lived and I saw this town off in the distance...so I decided to go there. Turns out I went to Puzol and it was super cute and had another paseo along the beach. I walked an hour and I didn't even want to turn around, but I realized it must be 9 and by the time I got home at 10, the sun would be down. So I walked quickly back and then even ran the last mile for good measure. 6 miles total!

So that walk turned out to be a nice adventure and it really made me feel good. We had a family dinner tonight, but everyone seemed kind of exhausted. I guess that's what the end of the work week does to you. I dutifully studied for the GRE and now I'm in bed, preparing for my Friday.

This weekend my family invited me to stay in Alicia's uncle's chalet in Javea with them! There are all sorts of clear beaches there and Saturday is one of Andrea's friend's birthday parties that we'll be attending. So since I don't think I'll be bringing my computer with me, this will probably be my last blog entry for a while. I'm off to enjoy my LAST WEEKEND in Spain! (Still can't believe it's true!)

No comments:

Post a Comment