Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Monday, August 1, 2011

The low down

Here is the low down of my life:
(Pictures to come tomorrow)

Friday: Andrea behaved the worst she ever has and I had to forcibly drag her to her feet from underneath a towel she was hiding under. Haa it was not an enjoyable day. Fortunately, Cait and Alicia arrived to our house around the same time at 4:30. I had a little chat with Alicia and Andrea has been punished from cartoons and the feria haha.

That night Cait and I went into Valencia to buy some souvenirs for her family and get one last Llao llao because it was her last night in Spain. We came back to Pobla de Farnals in time for the hippie market...I would swear by the powers of retail therapy haha. She got gifts for her friends and duh we got stuff for ourselves too. Raul ordered Chinese food for the family that night and then Cait and I went out on the Paseo.


Preparing for our last night out together

We got our last gin and tonics at El Lloc. It started raining while we were there, but we hid inside until it stopped. We went to Hossegore Pool after that, which was empty because everyone left since the tables there aren't covered from the rain. But we stood at the bar and made fun of the creepers and weirdos that were around us. Unfortunately the one we donned "creepy laugh man" came over and wouldn't leave us alone. He bought us shots (I threw the tequila on the ground...I can't think about it without getting goosebumps). We did have fun talking to Fernando, the bartender, and then two random security guards.

At 3 we began the trek down the Paseo Rojo to Cait's house. We said our goodbye there, which was sad, but we also know that we'll see each other again.

Saturday: Family day. We went to Alicia's mom's house in the pueblo where she grew up, Burjasot. It was only like 15 minutes away by car. She made us arroz al horno and then I took a nice siesta. We went and saw the Smurf movie in 3D (smurfs are called pitufos in Spanish). It was cute and I enjoyed my second theater experience. On our way out we saw the bowling alley and decided to go. Marc, Andrea's cousin, and Andrea both needed help throwing the balls, but it was so fun for both of them. I got to show off my great American bowling skills...haha surprisingly I actually did pretty well.


Doing America proud


Andrea and Marc, such cuties

Around 10:30 we went back to Alicia's mom's house to drop off Marc and eat dinner and then finally at 11:45 we returned home.

Sunday: Walked around Pobla de Farnals with my family because there was a 3 day market going on in the main plaza. Lunch was paella at Loli's house followed by a relaxing afternoon of reading and the beach. That night Jose, Raul's brother, invited me to go on his sailboat with himself, his 9 year old daughter, Marta, Raul, and Andrea.

We all drove the 5 minutes to Port Saplaya where his boat is docked. This place is so so cool and looks like a mini Venice because the port is in the this little neighborhood of colorful houses. We got on the boat and Raul made a dinner of tortilla de patata. We took a ride out to sea and I spent the whole time on the front of the boat sitting with Marta and talking to her in English. She is so good! She goes to this American school where they literally follow our system. So she's actually going into 4th grade, whereas for example at Andrea's Spanish school, they use a different type of grade system. I had so much fun talking with her and Andrea was happy that she got the opportunity to drive the boat.


Marta, Andrea, and I by the boat in Port Saplaya

By the time we got back, Andrea was passed out and we all got ready for bed. The boat was small, but I had a cute little triangle room underneath the front of the boat. And when I say room, I mean a tiny triangular space that is actually just a bed. But it was cool and had a little hatch that opened up so that I got to look out at the sky at night.

Monday: Jose drove us home from the boat and Andrea and I got back around 10 am. She behaved well today and I'm glad her swimming lesson is over because we have more freedom. We swam in our own pool and then she played at our neighbor's house. They have two girls, Patri and Leo, who are close to her age. We had lunch with Loli and then slept a long siesta in my bed.

I skyped with Becky for an hour and a half and it makes me so excited to move into our apartment together! Less than 3 weeks away! I went for an evening run and then had dinner with Raul and Alicia and studied for the GRE on the terrace. What a good and productive night I had!

Tomorrow I'll upload all my pictures from the weekend and put them on facebook!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment