Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Such a good family day!

So last Thursday I was definitely thanking God it was Friday and just praying for it to go by fast. But today I am seriously so happy. I spent all day with Andrea, but it was great. I felt like such a part of the family today and that she really enjoyed spending time with me.

She woke up on her own at 9 am. I am so thankful that siestas make her less of a zombie in the mornings because I used to HATE having to wake her up. We had a fun morning where she proceeded to play dress up by putting on various dresses of mine.



Today was her second to last swim lesson and she got invited to a girl's birthday party tomorrow (mermaid themed, duh she's excited) and she read the invitation to me about 1000 times today. We went to the beach and dug large holes and built sand mountains. Lunch was her favorite, arroz a la cubana. I promised her we could siesta at Loli's if she behaved, so we napped downstairs until 4:30.

Loli told me I could go home after we woke up and Andrea could stay, but I ended up just hanging out. We played more games in the garden and she found a fake tattoo (a lovely Chinese dragon hahaa), so I let her put it on. We played more on the swings, then hide and seek, and then she pretended to be my GPS, directing me to fake museums and zoos.

Finally at 6:15, Alicia came to pick her and Ali up. We walked home and Raul was outside about to take Indio to the vet. So we made it a family trip and we all went. Then we got an horchata afterwards and made a reservation outside at an Indian restaurant for 9.

My only disappointment of the day is that I was pumped to try out a 6 mile run, but we got home at 8:30, and obviously that didn't leave me enough time. So I was doing this 8 minute ab video in my room and Andrea came in and told me she was going to exercise with me. Hahaha I think I got more of an ab workout from laughing at her attempts than actually doing the crunches.

Dinner at the restaurant was so nice and the Indian was really good. Much to my amazement, curry chicken is the same in the US as it is in Spain haha. I played with Andrea after dinner and we did piggy back rides down the street and I let her climb walls and such.

We went to the feria afterward so she could ride on the merry-go-round. She waved every single time she went around the loop, just like I did when I was little and rode the merry-go-round in the mall. We were walking home and she wanted to play in the park, so Raul and I spent time trying to teach her the monkey bars and then Raul pushed Andrea on the swing to the point where I thought Alicia would faint from her worries over how high she was going. Baby Ali fell asleep at dinner, and we finally got Andrea to leave the park around 11:10.

It's almost midnight and I'm gearing up for a good Friday! It's Cait's last night in Spain so we have to make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment