Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday: a little yelling, but a lot of love

Today didn't go quiiiite as smoothly as yesterday, but it still ended up well. I got Andrea up at 9:30 for her swim lesson and she was less than thrilled to be awake. Nonetheless her lesson was good and lasted until 11. Normally we swim afterward, but the water was so cold today and neither of us wanted to be in it. We went to the beach for a bit, but on our way home I was just getting really frustrated and I ended up yelling at her in our house. You should've seen the look on her face when I was standing at the top of the stairs, yelling angry English down at her. Haaa I felt a little bad at the time, but she started being nice and friendly again after I did it, so at least it had the desired effect. I definitely was channeling Super Nanny today.

Lunch time was better and we came home at our usual 3. I couldn't get her to do homework today, but she did sleep her first siesta with me! Normally it's just me wanting to sleep and her laying in bed, chatting away, getting me to play games with her. But today we were laying in my bed and I dozed off and then woke up, freaking out about where she was... only to find her curled up at my side. She actually stayed there asleep even after Alicia got home at 4:30. So that was a success at least.

This afternoon I spent a little time at the beach and reading my new book. I'm on my 5th one while here! Having a Nook has most definitely been worth it this trip! I didn't run tonight, but I spent some time studying for the GRE and I totally slammed the practice questions. Haha maybe I should give grad school some more serious thought. Meh, who knows what the future holds.

Raul had a paddle game (like tennis but with a smaller court I think??) tonight, so he didn't come home for dinner. I happily played with Andrea until her bedtime and we were old friends again (today she uninvited me to her birthday party right before I yelled at her hahaha). Alicia made us a salad and we stayed in the kitchen talking about marriage and relationships for a bit. Hahaha my own real Spanish mother.

Tomorrow is already hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I teach GRE classes for Kaplan, and a blog search led me to your most recent message. Make sure that any practice items you try are for the new GRE, which starts on Aug. 1. The test is changing significantly. There is lots of info and help about the test at http://www.kaptest.com/GRE/Home/gre-test-change.html and feel free to let me know if you'd like any other help.

    ReplyDelete