Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Siesta Addiction

Hello lovely blog readers!

Today is Thursday night... which means tomorrow is Friday. Thannnnnk heavens. Not that it's been a bad week, but my days just feel so long and exhausting. I haven't had to go Supernanny on Andrea since Tuesday, but just getting her to do small things like wake up, get dressed, and go to the beach are such time and energy consuming processes.

Wednesday it was tough to get her up, so this morning when she woke up at 9 on her own I was pretty relieved. Yesterday after her swim lesson I got her to the beach for about an hour. We built castles, but the waves were kind of rough so we didn't swim. Lunch with Loli was good as usual. I've tried a million different types of seafood in the past 2 days including sardines, clochinas, bacalao, and calamares a la romana...sorry I don't know most of these in English.

Yesterday Andrea and I took another really solid siesta in my bed... and I mean like 2 hours long. Since she's literally always going non-stop, I'm pretty impressed/excited by her talent for napping. Quite the champ. After our long nap, I got to skype with Cherie and it felt so good to have an English conversation. Sometimes I speak so much Spanish that I feel like by the end of the day or week, my words aren't even coming out right anymore. It's definitely gotten natural for me though.

Then I went for one of the best runs that I've had while here. I've got this one loop that I love and I extended it yesterday. Unfortunately my GPS was on indoor mode, so I don't know how long it was. I'll probably do it again tomorrow and measure it, but today I needed a break.

This morning was really cloudy, so after swim lesson Andrea and I played in the park and on the swings instead of going to the beach. And her idea of a fun game was to climb 12 flights of stairs in Loli's apartment complex and then walk back down them. Then we walked up again and rode the elevator down. She got all concerned because she didn't think I would know which floor to go to... I know Spanish floors start at 0 instead of 1, but I think I had that down haha.

After lunch we attempted siesta, but it was a fail. She brought this huge (and I mean about as large as she is) stuffed dog home from Loli's and it just HAD to be in bed with us. Oh 4 year olds. Luckily, Alicia came home just before 4 and the sun came out, so I went to the beach for an hour.

Ok and I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm always SO TIRED here. I came home with the intention of staying in bed for half an hour reading and then going on a walk...and I passed out for 2 hours! And I mean it was that kind of nap where I wake up and feel like I'm glued to the bed and I can't move because I'm so exhausted. What the heck??? I guess it's just the way that from the time Andrea wakes up until her mom comes home, it's literally constant interaction, running around, and thinking, talking, and playing in Spanish. That has to work as an excuse for daily 2 hour naps right?? Hah.

Once I was finally awake I spent some time studying the GRE and Alicia made us a tortilla de tuna for dinner, which is basically just tuna and egg. Tuna has to be one of my favorite foods on the planet though, so I enjoyed it. I hope that seafood really is brainfood, because I'd be getting really smart here.

It's almost midnight, so I think I'm going to read and then go to bed to prepare for my Friday. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly...my patience is always at its lowest come the end of the week haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment