Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Friday-Monday

Sorry I suck and I've been so neglectful of my blog!! Ah somedays just feel so busy and it's hard to find the time (or desire) to sit down and update.

Friday was the best day ever. Andrea was really good during the day and then Raul and Alicia went out on a date that night, so I stayed home with her. She would've cried if she was home when they left, so we played in the pool until they were gone. It was a little sneaky, but it worked because Caitlin came over and by the time we went inside, she seemed happy with life.

I gave her dinner and everything and despite being wild and playing with us she wanted to spend the night at Loli's (because that's where Ali was sleeping). So we took her over at 10:30 and then Caitlin and I had an epic adventure.

We didn't really expect it to be such an adventure. We thought it would be a tame night. It started with a espresso at this one little cafe on the paseo I like. We stayed there until 1 or so and eventually just caved and got our usual gin and tonics. The waitress was an Austrian woman who talked to us for a little while.

We left and walked out to the beach and somehow we just started to have this long photo shoot...the pictures are on facebook. We were being silly and climbing all over rocks and that's when we had the great idea of staying up to see the sunrise. So we walked to her house (a mile and a half away) so she could get the bottle of wine we had bought last week. Then we walked back to my house (we're both pretty sure we walked more than 5 miles this night) because we had the wine opener and the cups.


Out on the rocks


Just being silly and climbing things

So we sat in my basement, laughing, talking, having a heart to heart, the usual. At 4:30 we decided to jump into my pool...and got yelled at by a neighbor. Haaahaaa. Not really yelled at, she just came out to her balcony and told us it was the middle of the night. So we went back inside and drank hot tea in my kitchen and we were just being so silly.

At 5:30 we walked back to the beach, did a little harmless skinny dipping, and saw the sunrise. At 6:20 we went out separate ways back home. Unfortunately as I was getting into bed at 6:45, I saw that the sunrise was this perfect firey ball rising over the sea...so if we'd stuck it out a little longer I would probably have some sweet pictures. But oh well, I saw it at least.


Sun rising

Saturday I woke up at 1. I ate lunch with Andrea and Raul and Caitlin and I met up for a beach day. Unfortunately the water was filled with seaweed where we were, so we walked back to her pool for a little while. At 6 I went back home to get ready for a night in Valencia.

I got the bus at 7 and David met me at the bus station. It was so good to see him again! We walked back to his apartment and he made me coffee and we sat talking for a little while. For dinner we went to this restaurant in Plaza de la Virgen where we ate these cheese crepes, salad, and icecream. I got made fun of for liking coconut because apparently here that's the loser flavor. Baha whatever it will always be my favorite.

A little after midnight 5 of David's friends arrived at his apartment and we sat out on his terrace for a few hours. They were all really crazy and funny. When I'm in big groups of Spanish speakers, I can follow the conversation exactly, but I'm not quick enough to be able to banter back and forth easily. This always frustrates me because I practice so much and I wish I were good enough for that, but they still made room for me to talk.

We had plans to go to this one really cool disco, Las Animas. But we got there at 3 and the line was ridiculous and we didn't feel like waiting. So we went to this other one that was really pretty and right on the water called High Cube. We ended up staying until 5, dancing and being silly. David tells me he reads my blog, so here's a shout out to all your crazy dance moves!

I kind of screwed myself over by staying up all night the night before because I can never sleep well during the day. So by 5 I was dying of exhaustion...guess I'm no the champ I thought I was haha.

The next day, Sunday, I ate lunch at Loli's with Raul and Andrea. We had paella…duh. Classic Spanish Sunday. And that would be incomplete without a siesta after we ate.


4th picture with a paella here...classic

Around 6 we went back home and we had a really cute family moment. Andrea had decorated the kitchen for Alicia’s 40th birthday (not till next Saturday, but hey it’s the thought that counts) and when Alicia came home after a weekend with the girls, she was so excited and everyone was happy to be together. We got a really cute family picture of the 5 of us that I should post.


Family picture in our decorated kitchen

That night Danni and Eva came over for dinner and then I finally got a good sleep. Monday was a good day. Andrea was really well behaved and we had fun swimming, going to the beach, and playing together until 6 when Alicia came home.

I was really tired so I was able to relax when I was off work. Eventually I went for a run and had dinner and then went to bed.

Today Andrea woke up at 8:30 and it’s kind of cloudy and might rain… a real rarity for Valencia. I’m in a good mood though, so hopefully the day goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment