Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Santa Ana

Today was another good day! I hope that this trend keeps up for the rest of the week. Maybe I have just become inured to Andrea's capriciousness. Bahaha trying to use my GRE vocab..

I couldn't sleep last night...darn insomnia. I probably jinxed myself by saying that I would sleep well because of my run. So I was pretty tired this morning, but I got to stay in bed until 9 and Andrea actually got up on her own.

Swim lesson. Beach. Lunch at Loli's...we did the usual routine today, not much else to add in there. We decided to take our siesta in the basement of Loli's building and it was delightful. We stayed downstairs until 5 pm on the cool mattress. I'm loving these naps but I'm really hoping it doesn't mess my sleep up again.

Today was the fiesta of Santa Ana...which is just like a day in honor of a saint. But since there's a girl named Ana that lives where Loli lives she decided to have a little party for her saint day. She invited all the kids to the pool and there was a huge table of horchata and fartons (pastries that you dip in the horchata). Of course Loli forced one of everything on me ha. What would life be without overbearing grandmas?

I played with Marta and Andrea in the pool there and finally around 7:30, I walked home. I went on a walk for maybe a mile and a half and then just relaxed. I got to skype with David today and then also with Bradley just a little bit ago. Skype is truly an amazing technology.

I studied for the GRE tonight and just started the math section. Oh my favorite. I've realized it's a good thing I'm reviewing now because you better believe that fractions and algebra are not things that my brain has chosen to hold on to.. its all been replaced by Spanish by now ha.

Andrea made me play funny games with her tonight where she taught me a dance... and then she accused me of being a sucky dancer and not listening to her teaching. Bahaha she just hasn't seen my shopping cart and my sprinkler yet. She'll change her mind soon enough.

Somehow it's already after midnight, so I'm off to attempt to sleep. I'm going to have to start setting an alarm for siestas if tonight turns out to be another insomnia night haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment