Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

Just what I needed after such a hard work week! Friday I felt like a crazy person...by the time Alicia came home from work at 6 pm, I was crying on the couch and had to fake sleeping (what...my face is always wet when I sleep, totally normal) in order for her not to notice haha. But then I went for a long run and felt a lot better. Sometimes I just need to be away from humans... no offense to anyone, but Friday was just one of those days I needed me time.

So I walked to this hippy market nearby, bought a new mono (so legit, can't wait until I have pics) and apples. Then I proceeded to eat my feelings in form of apples in a park nearby when I read. After I consumed three apples consecutively (I don't recommend ever doing this), I had to leave the park for fear that the runner that went by would notice that the first time he passed me I was at the core of an apple and then the second time he passed me I was magically biting into a whole apple again. Not that he would notice, but in my brain I was being judged haha.

That night I read a ton and went to bed nice and early. It felt so good to be refreshed on Saturday morning. Caitlin and I made plans to go into Valencia so I got in a good run (in the rain, always the best) and then caught the bus at 1:15 into the city. I really wanted Cait to see the Central Market, because it's one of the largest indoor markets in all of Europe. We bought lots of fruit and then walked around trying to find a place to eat it. We decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by going into McDonalds so that Cait could cross it off her bucket list to try on Spanish Mickey D's. We also sketchily ate our fruit out of the plastic bag there...haha surely we looked normal.


These grapes were probs the largest I've ever had

Then we went on a long walk in the river. We walked at least 5 miles this day, probably more. We paused along the way to climb some really cool trees where I'm pretty sure I flashed half of Valencia...just kidding, only the girls having a picnic beneath us. More acceptable. That was fun and then we passed by all my old favorite places like Palau de la Musica, where I used to run and creep on Spanish families (not knowing that 6 months later I would have my own family).


Up in my lovely perch


Doing self-timer in a tree...I didn't just spend $140 on a new camera to not take at least a couple risks, right?

Finally we arrived at the City of Arts and Sciences, a series of modern buildings in the rio with the coolest architecture ever. We walked around inside and contemplated buying tickets to the Aquarium, but decided against it. To rest our feet we got tuna sandwiches and water at an outdoor cafe in the rio and then we trekked back to the bus station. Well I thought we left with enough time to get back to the bus station in time for the 7 pm bus. Turns out we arrived at 7:05 and had to wait for the bus at 8. What would our lives be without public transportation failures anyway?


At the City of Arts and Sciences

Finally we made it back to Pobla de Farnals and we sat in my kitchen and laughed our butts off, as usual. I don't know what it is about that kitchen, but we are ALWAYS so silly together when we're there. I was also delirious because I'm pretty sure with my run and all our walks, my feet took me over 10 miles (half in cowboy boots).

Finally around 11 we hit the Paseo. First we went to El Lloc for our tradition gin and tonics. Then we went to the Hossegore Pool place, which was the hip place to be on a Saturday night apparently. We drank a mojito and ended up calling it a night around 3. We were both just dead and kind of wanted a relaxed evening. So even though it wasn't a Paseo night of epic proportions like past nights, it ended up being exactly what we both needed.

Cait spent the night downstairs (on the couch with Indio hahaaaa...sorry) and I surely passed out. But let's not forget the fact that first I took the time to drunkenly donate $20 to the suicide research walk that I'm doing in September. Hey, a good cause right?

This Sunday my family went to a lunch at a friend's house, so I spent the afternoon walking. Literally. I left my house at 2 pm and trekked down the beach for an hour. Sometimes I just like long walks on the beach okay? Who cares if it's by myself. I stopped on these rocks that overlook the sea (where all the fisherman go, I totally fit in with my dress on). I walked an hour there and then turned around and walk back. At 4 I checked my phone and saw that I had a message from Cait inviting me to go see Harry Potter with her family.

I was actually so so excited to see it in Spanish. I'm glad I got to spend some time with her family. I understood the whole movie. I can officially watch a movie in English and in Spanish and they are the same to me. Wooo. I still want to see it in English, just because I feel I have to seeing as how I'm part of the Harry Potter generation.


Posing with Draco (pronounced Drah-co here)

I got home close to 9, skyped with my parents, got dinner, and now I'm ready for bed. Can you tell how loopy I am in this blog entry? Ha maybe I'm just the same as always. Either way, I feel so much more ready to face a new work week now. Bring it on, Andrea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment