Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Monday, July 25, 2011

Cangrejos, Clochinas, and Caracoles

Today was a great Monday...there's nothing better than coming from a week where a 4 year old brought me to tears, to starting off the week really enjoying spending time with her and feeling totally in charge.

This morning she woke up at 8:30 before her mom left for work and I thought all hell would break loose and that she would be crying non-stop, begging her not to leave. Surprisingly, she returned to bed and stayed there until I got up at almost 9, no tears at all. Score.

She made me proud at swimming and then we went right to the beach and spent a good chunk of time there today. A little girl from her school named Virginia played with us and we found a cangrejo, or crab. One little problem (that wasn't actually a problem in Andrea's mind) is that it was dead. But she picked it up (GROSS) and kept it in her bucket and brought it back home with us. Hahaha oh well.

Loli put an astronomical amount of food on the table. Like I'm pretty sure me, a 4 year old, a 91 year old grandma, and Loli were not about to eat enough for a Thanksgiving dinner. First there was fideos con gambas, which is like noodles with shrimp. Then there was a large tortilla of potatoes and squash. On the table were also some leftover snails (caracoles) from the weekend, clochinas, the Valencian mussels, ham, tomatoes, and large chunks of merdusa, a type of fish. I think about a quarter of it got touched haha.

After lunch Andrea and I went home for siesta. Today it was in her bed and we literally stayed there from 4-6. Alicia hit bad traffic on the way home so she didn't arrive home until almost 6:30. At least she didn't find me in tears today haha.

I really wasn't in the mood to run tonight...like I thought I'd go 2 miles and want to stop. Then somehow I ended up running a 6 mile exploratory loop where I took an accidental detour through some farm land and got chased by two tiny but vicious dogs...it's a lot funnier now that I'm safe in bed and their miniature fangs aren't inches from my ankles. It ended up being a really awesome run though and I expect that despite my long siesta, I'll sleep well tonight.

Raul cut me some ham and watermelon for dinner and I had cucumbers and tomatoes too. So I'd say it's been a very successful Monday! Life is good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment