Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Viernes, por fin!

It's finally Friday! Wednesday and Thursday were good days...just a lot of work. It's funny because when I first got here, I was like "wow, I can't believe I'm getting paid to play with a Spanish 4 year old!" ...but now I've come to realize it really is work.

Wednesday she was so well behaved and we had a lot of fun together. It was such a relief after Tuesday being so tough. We went to the beach and stayed for like an hour and a half and she finally had fun building castles and jumping over waves with me. I was just so tired that day that I fell asleep at like 9:30 and didn't even make it until dinner time! I just needed a good night's rest.

Thank goodness I got it because yesterday was once again a long day. Andrea woke up at 7 when her parents were still home. At first I thought this was awesome because I wouldn't have to wake her up...false. She cried hysterically when Raul and Alicia went to work. Then I think she was tired from not sleeping much, so she wasn't behaving as well again. Sigh. The life of a 4 year old.

We still did our routine of swimming, beach, lunch, and (attempted) siesta. I just had to yell at her more. I'm getting good at it ha. But of course whenever I'm the most frustrated, she does something really cute that melts my heart again. We were laying in her parents bed and I was trying to make her sleep. She asked for a high five and when I gave her one she said "equipo para siempre," which means team forever. Haha I about died. Then we were just giggling and being silly when Alicia came home at 4. So it was a good end to our time together.

Her friend, Paula, from school came to play and swim yesterday. They were really cute together, but I didn't play that much with then because Caitlin came over and we went to the beach. We spent a solid hour floating in the waves...then another hour on our towels. We finally went back at 8 and we were just going to jump in the pool to wash sand off and then we ended up playing like little kids and I didn't want to get out. I was doing handstands and cartwheels into the pool and everything haha...all things I would never do in front of Andrea.

That night we played with the kids until Alicia was able to put them both to bed. Then we went downstairs, made ourselves a large tuna salad for dinner, and painted our nails and listened to music and laughed at the dumb things we said. It was really nice and it was so good getting to enjoy myself after a long week. At midnight I walked her about half way home and then I came home and fell asleep so easily.

Last night kind of felt like Friday since Cait was over, so this morning I didn't really want to have to work...but in just a few hours I will be free!!! I'll be waking Andrea up in 20 minutes and starting the routine all over again. TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment