Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Exhausted!

That word literally defines how I've felt about life this week so far...and it's only Wednesday! Ha. Well Monday night was really good and I stayed up talking late with Raul and Alicia just about life and we were laughing and having a good time. I really enjoyed that.

Tuesday was just like the longest day of my life. I have to wake Andrea up at 9:20 for her swim lesson, and it was SO hard getting her out of bed. Then it just felt like everything went wrong...she spilled her chocolate milk that morning, wouldn't let me brush her hair, didn't want to go to the beach (but Alicia asked me to make sure she goes everyday), didn't want to do her homework, didn't want to eat lunch. GAH!!! I was at my wits end haha. But now I can look back on it as just learning experiences.

Today she was so so much more well behaved though and I had a ton of fun swimming in the pool with her after her lesson and she actually stayed at the beach for an hour and a half (normally after 15 minutes she tells me she's ready to go back home). We swam in the waves and built a cool castle. I even got a tiny siesta in while she watched cartoons. I like that she doesn't watch much tv because I don't either. But somedays when I'm just so exhausted, I wish I could put her in front of a tv to occupy her...but alas after 30 minutes she's bored and wants so play.

Alicia (mom) had to go t the doctor today, so I was with Andrea until about 7. At 5 we went back to Loli's house and we went swimming again. My little fishy. Finally at 7:45 I came back home. I've been adapting to the way Spaniards like their late nights, but lately I've just been struggling with the hours. When I'm this tired and wake up at 7:30 each day, I would prefer to be getting ready for bed around 10...but last night we didn't even eat dinner until 10:45. It makes mornings tough, but like I said, I'm adapting.

At least it's hump day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment