Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy hump day!

Ok so recap time. Saturday I ended up just staying in. Lamesies, I know, but I was just tired and needed to catch up on my sleep. So Sunday was pretty productive. I got up and went out with Maddie, Caitlin, and Josh. There was this huge parade with gunshots and everything. I'm pretty sure the gunshots woke every person in our study center up because they were literally the loudest thing I have ever heard. Maybe I just always sleep in too late on Sunday and don't make it out, but I have never seen the plazas so packed with people. We wandered around trying to find restaurants that take our cheques, but the one I wanted to go to wasn't open.

I ended up just breaking away from them and getting a choco coco cupcake from Cupcake Valencia. It was deliccciouusss. I could definitely see myself being a regular customer there haha. I wandered around exploring a lot of parts of the city I had never been to before. I was just about to sit down and buy a coffee when I saw Caitlin, Josh, and Maddie sitting at a table nearby. So I sat with them and got an orange juice (Valencia oranges = heaven) while they ate lunch.



Afterwards I went back to the study center and worked on some homework. I can't exactly remember what I did that night but I guess it wasn't that exciting haha. I think I just sat out at Pan de Queso until it closed with Chris, Byron, and Monica. We meant to do homework, but ended up talking the entire time.

Monday I had my women in lit class and I borrowed El Orfanato from Nordlund so I could watch it again. I got so much more out of it the second time around. Haha probably because my hands weren't covering my face the whole time. That night we had a nice study sesh in the "bib" (normally I call the library the lib, but since we're in Spain, obvi it's the bib now... so clever right? haha). A bunch of us were all studying for our freaking history midterm. What a delight that was.

Tuesday I normally have Spanish business class, but instead we all went to Sagunto with the Archeology class. I had actually already been with one of my other classes, but I guess I can't complain about going to an ancient castle twice. We also got to see different things and hear about it from an archaeological point of view, which was cool. When I got back I crammed for my test and then took it from 3-4:30. It was kind of a pain, but I think I did fine. I was just exhausted today for some reason so I literally napped from 4:30-8:30. Haahaaa. Guess I needed it.


Sagunto: Round 2


Erin and I literally trying to not to cry from the sun entering our eyes at this angle

A lot of people were planning on going to TGIF for dinner, but Murt, Marie, and I ended up just going to a place nearby and getting paella and chicken. Then around 1 we went out to New Orleans for Monica's birthday. I ended up really enjoying myself. The bartender was so nice and asked us if we were FSU students. He gave us some champagne for her birthday and played us fun songs. Plus I got a pina colada, which is always my fave. We were the only ones there until these two Spanish guys came in. We made friends with them and they were super nice too. Hopefully we'll get to hang out with them again sometime.

I got back around 2:30 and got up this morning around 8 to go teach the kids at a nearby school English. I really really enjoyed it! My first hour was with 15 year olds and the teacher just sent me with 3 of them to a classroom and we got to talk. They didn't have anything prepared for me, so we just talked about whatever and their English was pretty good. My next hour was with 10 year olds and they had a list of questions to ask me. They were just so cute and interested in asking me everything. For example, do you like Spongebob? Do you like the Beatles? Do you like facebook? Then they asked me if I liked the Shakira Waka Waka song and they sang the whole thing for me haha. Loved it. I can't wait to go back next week!

Now I only have one class at 3 and then it's Montaditos Wednesdays! Best night of the week? I'm thinking yes.

1 comment: