Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pre-Fall Break Blog Update!

Ok so yesterday I woke up bright and early to go to the school to teach my kids English. It was a little more awkward this time because the groups I had weren't as talkative, but I did my best. I got back around 11 and went to Zume for some hardcore homework time. I also had the best tea of my life. It was coconut, so obviously I loved it. Although. I discovered the the man I'm stalking is married, so that was a bit of a downer haha.

I got back to the study center in time for my class at 3. We went down to the port and I really enjoyed the stuff we learned about today. It's just cool getting to physically see the things that you're being taught. We ate some food at this Tio Pepe place and it was very good. We rode the bus back to the center and went to Cien Montaditos. Got some brie sandwiches to go and some tinto de verano.

We had a cultural conversation exchange at 7:30 and I really enjoyed the people I got to talk with. There names were Salva and Laura and they let me practice my Spanish for a while with them. Salva said there are other conversation things that I want to try and go to when I get back from fall break.

That night I went to Zume (again ahahahah) with Jordan, Caitlin, and Maddie and we just had a ladies margarita night while they planned their Camino weekend. We stayed until almost midnight I think and then I went to bed after we came back.

Today has felt really hectic because I've been trying to make sure i have everything ready for my trip. We watched Te Doy Mis Ojos in my film class, which I enjoyed. It was kind of sad but I guess there was hope in the end. After class I was running around, buying a rain poncho, finishing laundry, packing my backpack, etc.

I have my last class in 20 minutes. It gets out at 4:30 and then Byron and I are literally leaving for the train station at 5. Apparently you have access to the internet at all the albergues where you stay, but I don't want to get on facebook for the full 10 days. I just want this to be a really cool experience. I might update my blog every now and then though, just so mom knows I'm alive haha.

Be back on Sunday the 24th!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha - thanks for thinking of me! I surely do want to know that you are alive and having a good pilgrimage! Love you! Save walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "Safe Walking!" - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O where o where is my Tweety Bird? I hope she is enjoying her pilgrimage!

    ReplyDelete