Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday Funday

So yesterday I just spent a lot of time outside the study center chilling with whoever. I went to Pan de Queso and worked on some homework until Caitlin and I decided to go to Starbucks to do our papers together. We literally sat there for like 2 hours until it was almost 6 and we decided to go to church. We went to the cathedral and I loved it. We were probably the only two there that were under 60 years old and above 5 feet, but it was good. I understood everything, even the priest's homily. I just need to learn the actual prayers to say.

After church we went and climbed up the torres that are right by our study center, because Caitlin had never been. I just love the view from up there and it was a really beautiful evening.


Caitlin and I at the top


Me underneath the flag

When we got back I took a shower and got to skype for an hour with the wonderful Laura Bellantoni. Despite not wanting to leave Spain at all, when I get to talk to my friends it reminds me that I do have so much to come back to in the US and I think I'll be ok when the time comes to say goodbye.

Then since it was Kelly's sister's last night in town we went out. About 8 of us started the night at Finnegans and just sat around and chatted for a while. They had American football playing there, so that was pretty exciting. Then Fox Congo and Ghecko called our names haha. Surprisingly Fox Congo was crowded on a Sunday night. Maybe it was gay night? Just kidding, I think that's Bolseria on Sunday.

I didn't get into bed until like 4 am and had class at 9 am. Haha bad life decisions. Luckily my roommate saved me and woke me up at 8:50. My women in lit class was good though and Nordlund let us have the last hour of class at a cafe. I had the best tomato and brie sandwich. I'm going through a slight tomato and cheese phase.

Then Maddie and I went on an adventure tog et her ipod fixed. The first place wasn't able to help but sent us to this technician store. It was a slight distance away and we got a little disoriented. We finally made it at 2:20 and it had closed for siesta at 2. We were like looking into the windows wailing noooo, let us innnnn. Hahaha. When we got back home I ended up napping for a while. Then I went on a run in the park and it was probably the longest one I've been on. It felt so good to get those exercise endorphins going.

I showered and then decided to go to my fav place on Earth, zume to do my homework (which is actually just me updating my blog at the moment.) The Brazilians that work here that I love definitely recognize me now haha. It turns out Caitlin was already here doing work so we've just been hanging out. We decided we're coming here everyday. We're kind of stalkers, no big deal.

Now I need to actually do my homework! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment