Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I live for bocadillos

Ok so the rest of the weekend was super fun. Friday night when I got pack from Pan, we all started getting ready to go out. Maddie curled my hair with her straightener and it looked so good! Everyone was so surprised by it too since my hair is never curly. Felt pretty special, not going to lie haha. Six of us walked down to New Orleans to get a drink and it was packed. I mean on a Friday night, everything is packed, so it was the usual. We were going to go to Sandra's restaurant after that, but it was closed when we got there at like 1. We all went back to the study center since we weren't going out until at least 3. Caitlin, Jairo, and I sat talking to the guy who walks the front desk, David, until everyone else was ready to go.


In New Orleans

We were going to go to this club called Pacha because Erin's friend at Fox Congo said that we'd all get in for free. But the lines were so long when we got there and Tony said since she didn't send a facebook message warning him we were coming, he couldn't get us in. Like 6 people ended up going in, but then me, Caitlin, Erin, Emily, and Murt just didn't really care that much about going in so we decided to come back. I'd just been having such a fun night being with everyone anyway, that it didn't even really matter where we were. When we got back, Erin, David, Jairo, and I sat in a circle on the floor of the lobby, listening as Caitlin played guitar and sang us songs. Haha it was magical. I was just so happy that night and really had fun spending time with everyone.


I went to bed around 6 am and then Saturday we got up at noon and Maddie, Caitlin, and I decided to go to the beach. The weather here has been absolutely perfect. It just astounds me that on November 13th it was bathing suit and swimming weather. We got bocadillos and ate them at the beach. We stayed from about 1:30 until 6:30, so it was a whole day of relaxing. The water felt good and we tried to get like 1000 jumping pictures and we just sucked hahaha. The camera on my phone is pretty delayed though so we have an excuse.


Only slight success


The beautiful Mediterranean Sea

We got back, showered, and then Caitlin and I went out to meet my Spanish friend, Seve. We sat in Sherlock Holmes and talked for 3 hours, it was awesome. Then at 11 Caitlin and I went to dinner at this place called La Diabla that her friend had recommended. I got curry chicken and it was for sure the bomb.

That night everyone was just chilling and watching a movie because of the long weekend. I wandered around the streets with Jairo for like 30 minutes, but it was 2 am, and most everything in our neighborhood, Carmen, closes around then. So we went back and hung out with David at the desk again. I ended up staying down there until 8 am when his shift ended. Hahaha. But I just like talking to people and hearing about their lives. It was a good night.

I slept in until 2:30 today and then Maddie, jacob, Murt, Caitlin, and I went to the Botanical Gardens. We'd always heard good things about then and it's only like a 15 minute walk from us. They were huge and beautiful. I wish I had brought my book so I could've stayed and read.


Coolest freaking tree ever


Valencia is gorgeous

I hate sleeping in super late like today because the day just goes by way too fast. I need to pack for Madrid and Switzerland! AHH. Crazy. I'm so excited, but then again the weather here has been so perfect that I'm not looking forward to rain and freezing cold. But it should be an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment