Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saturday

So yesterday was a pretty perfect Saturday. I woke up and went for a run in the park. It's literally just the most therapeutic experience ever. I run down to the city of arts and sciences and then creep on cute Spanish families. The weather is absolutely perfect. It's sunny everyday and 70 degrees. When I got back I showered and then Maddie and I went to Bocatta to get lunch and we sat there for a few hours. I'm working on reading my Spanish book and I'm loving it.

We got back but then Maddie, Jordan, Marie, and I left pretty soon after to go to Corte. We got Cupcake Valencia on the way and it was magical. I didn't end up getting anything at Corte, but just went along for the company. On my way home I stopped and picked up a bottle of Don Simon, aka really cheap bottled sangria. I had so much fun for a few hours in the study center, just getting ready for the night with my friends, listening to music, watching funny youtube videos. It was the best.

Then I met up with a Spanish friend named Javier who lives here in Valencia and we ended up just talking until 5 am. It was so much fun, with the radio on, alternating between singing American songs and Spanish songs. He speaks good English because he lived in California for a year, but he let most of the conversation go in Spanish, so I loved it. I'm really glad that I have Spanish friends and since I only have 4 weeks left here, I definitely want to make the most of spending time with them.

I got up at about 11:30 and was slightly productive. Cleaned my room and did laundry. Then I went on the same run as yesterday. It's another absolutely gorgeous day today so I think when I'm done with my shower, Maddie, Erin, and I are going to Llao llao, which is a frozen yogurt place kind of like Berry Body. SO GOOD.


I have no pictures from yesterday, but here's a nicture of Plaza de la Reina with a rainbow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment