Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lunes, Martes

So Monday I got up for my 9 am class. We had to read the Bell jar for my women in lit class and personally I hated it. It was just too depressing for me. Honestly the movie we watched on it in class was probably worse though. Afterwards I went to the market to stock up on all my favorites (aka tomatoes, apples, and dried strawberries). When I got back I went for a run with Caitlin. We were going to go in the Rio, but then she needed to buy a train ticket, so we took some random back roads to the Renfe station. Then we ran back, showered, and headed to Zume together. We spent literally like 2 hours there. It's one of my favorite places in Valencia.

When we got back I ended up having a fail of a night and I was reading in bed at like 8 and then fell asleep until 11:30. Bahaha. But days after long travels, I'm still just so exhausted. So I woke up, finished laundry, and then went back to bed at like 1 haha.

Tuesday I had class at 9 and 3 and then Dom went with me on a walk through the rio. I haven't actually been on a walk through there, since I always run, but it was super nice. We climbed on some huge rope thing that would totally be illegal in the US. Then we went to my favorite place, El Palau de la Musica, to creep on the Spanish children's roller blading lessons. We stayed until it was getting dark and chillier and walked back.

Erin and I went to La Maruja after that for a coffee and some dinner. David, the guy that works our front desk at night, invited a few people over to his apartment to watch the Real Madrid/AJAX soccer game. So Dom, Jairo, Marie, and I walked over. His apartment was really cute and not far away at all. It was really fun getting to hang out with them. We went back around 11 I think and I honestly think I just went to bed around 12.

This morning I walked to Pio XII, the school where I practice English with the kids. My 15 year olds were good. I was nervous because I'd already met with all of them before, so I wasn't sure what we would talk about, but it went fine. Then the 10 year olds are always just too cute.

Now I'm trying to get motivated to write some papers before my next class at 3. Our whole group is going to a wine tasting tonight where we get to learn about pairing wines with food, etc. I'm clueless when it comes to wine, so it should be a good time! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment