Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Classes start today

So last night after a day of shopping, we hung out at the apartment for a while. Byron is an AMAZING cook and like 15 of us were pumped to try his amazing chicken potato thing. I think it actually had a name, but meh. Then Erin, Kelly, Emily, and I went to the plaza just to get a drink and people watch. Getting a drink turned into sharing two pitchers that cost us a freaking fortune. Then we decided to go to Finnigans. We drank a beer there and shared funny life stories until it closed at 1. None of us planned this, but we ended up going out to the club afterward. First we got free shots from Bolseria, so we went there. We met some Croatians and became friends haha. Then we walked to Fox Congo and made friends with some Valencians. Let me tell you, they were some fun. I had such a good night last night but it didn't leave me much time to sleep.

I got back at maybe 3 and then woke up at 8. Ignacio wasn't mad at all for us missing his meeting. My first class was business Spanish and I loved it. Our teacher is so cute and fun and we just got to talk in Spanish the entire time, which I loved. Then we took a field trip to a market about 15 minutes away. I got the cutest shoes for 2 euros! Then we went to a bookstore and I bought Sarah's Key in Spanish. I can understand mostly everything so I'm really excited to read it. Our professor kept emphasizing how important it is to make Spanish friends and talk in Spanish to people.. I was like whelp, I'm pretty darn good at the friend making part haha. When I got back I walked with Dominic to get a sim card for my phone. It was quite a bonding experience. We had to stand in line for over an hour behind only ONE OTHER CUSTOMER. Only in Spain. But we talked about Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and it was beautiful. We got back like 10 minutes before my next class, which was my history one. Now I'm headed to the "chino" to get some things that I've been needing to get for a long time. Aka I don't even have groceries yet.

Ciao!


Our little cafe group


The Croatians hahhaa


We would find this on the ground and take a picture with it..

No comments:

Post a Comment