Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventures!

So let me see. Tuesday night was very tame. Five of us got dinner at the place that has really delicious empanadas. Then we walked to Bertol to try susus, or as Claire called it, crack, since you can't stop eating it. These pastries were the bomb. So good. Then a lot of us just sat at a cafe in the plaza until like midnight enjoying ourselves. I went to bed early and slept really well until 10:30. I'm getting better at the lateness haha.

I didn't have class until 3, so I just got to chill out until then. We got Pan de Queso for lunch and it was SO good. Then I got to class and my teacher said I hope you came hungry because everyday in this class we'll either be eating or drinking something and going on fieldtrips. It's my regional studies and class and it's amazing. We rode the bus to this horchateria where Dali used to go apparently. I got this horchata smoothie and a farton which is like a long, spongy pastry that you dip in your drink. Perfection.


Caitlin and I at the horchateria

We got back right at 6, which was when our medieval tour of Valencia left. We saw a lot of cool things and I particularly loved getting to go to the top of the Cathedral. You could see all of freaking Valencia from there. Totally worth the 205 stairs. I counted. We ended our tour with our whole group at 100 Montaditos because on Wednesdays they have 1 euro bocadillos and beer. We had a few drinks there and then a few of us went to Finnigans (again haha). I went on a few adventures, walking Maddie and her two friends from home to a good restaurant to eat dinner. Then found Claire and Amanda and got our first Spain McDonalds. They sell beer there of course.



From the top of the cathedral

Then the three of us went to Club Bolseria and I met a myriad of friends. I met Germans, Italians, danced with people from Ireland, then some Spanish girls tried to teach me how to dance, and then I taught some Spanish guys to dance like Americans. Then from like 5 until 7:30 am I hung out with these people from Switzerland. We got back to the study center at like 8 and I had class at 9. Aka I didn't sleep last night. I had my film class at 9 and I LOVE it. I'm so pumped for all the movies we're going to get to watch. We started this one called Jamon, Jamon and it was so freaking weird, but I loved it.

Then I showered and barely lived until my class at 3. I didn't want to nap because I was afraid I'd have a really hard time waking up. I had history at from 3 until 4:30 and it was my last class before the WEEKEND. Yay! We went to get a metro pass since we're going to the university side of town tonight. Now it's almost 6 and I'm napping until we got out tonight. It's officially been 31 hours since I've slept. Oh gentle Jesus. SLEEEEEEEP.

P.s. Got a text today that said "Hi it;s the Italian you met last night." Haha his name is Lorenzo and apparently is meeting up with our group tonight. I don't even remember what he looked like because I met so many people. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment