Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day at Javea!

So let's just talk about my life for a second. Last night I went out with a bunch of people and didn't return to the study center until 8 am today. The first thing I do when I get back? Snip a section of my hair off, leaving me with a large, awkward sideburn. Why, you ask? Last night when I wanted to save my gum for later I PUT IT BEHIND MY EAR. I swear, my brain is not functioning sometimes. So of course, it got completely stuck, but I stayed out until the early morning anyway, and by the time I returned it was unsalvageable. Oh well, it's really not that noticeable...


My sad little tuft..

Anyway, so we all boarded the bus for Javea at 9:30 am. It as about a 2 and a half hour ride and I had a glorious slumber. We got there and went straight to the scuba diving center. Man, our wetsuits were awkward looking haha. It took a little time, but eventually we boarded the boats and rode out to where we would be diving. I was the first from my boat to go and it was SUCH an incredible experience. I looooved it. It was so weird at first, learning to allow yourself to breathe underwater, but once I was used to it, it wasn't bad at all. The water was pretty and we got to swim around with schools of fish and in the coral. Beautiful. I also fell in love with my scuba instructor, Carlos. I wish we would be best friends forever. He was just so cool and we chatted a lot about random stuff. He thought I was "un poco raro" (aka a little weird hahaha) but I taught him a handshake and showed him my new sideburn.


Javea


Obsessed with Carlos...probably fine. Also, he is wearing a speedo. Just for clarification.

We were under the water for like 15 minutes or so and afterwards I climbed on the rocks with some of the other people. Then we rode back and got lunch nearby. It was super delicious and not expensive at all. Then we climbed up the mountain near the water. It took like an hour, but wasn't a hard hike. The views from the top were so pretty, the water with the white houses of Javea. Loved it.


At the top of the mountain!

Took another really long nap on the ride back and now it's about 8:30. I think we're going out to where Cati is Djing again tonight. Yayayaya birthday weekend commence! We're going out to the big discoteca on the beach tomorrow to celebrate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment