Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Viva Valencia!

Today I woke up early to go play basketball with some of the students. Now, I like just shooting hoops, but I actually suck at playing the game. Haahaaa, but when I wanted to quit, Ignacio wouldn't let me, so I played 2 games of 4 vs 4. I actually scored one point. Solid.

For some reason, I was just completely exhausted today. I think I still haven't fully recovered from all the traveling we did. So I napped from like 12:30 until I had to get up for my class at 3. My regional studies is definitely one of my favorite classes though. There was a general strike in Spain today because of the raising of taxes, etc here. Since all the museums were closed we ended up just going to 100 Montaditos, talking, eating sandwiches, and drinking tintos. Then we went down a part of Valencia I've never been to, the Colon Market. It was really cool and apparently has free wifi so I think I'll go down there to do homework or something sometime.

We got back around 6 and we got ready for the soccer game. The walk was probably about 25 minutes from the study center to the stadium. A lot of us had different sections for our tickets, but I got to sit with 6 other students, so it was fun. Manchester ended up winning 1-0, but it was my first live soccer game and I absolutely loved it. We actually had pretty decent seats and it's just 100 times better watching it in person than on tv. Since my camera is lost, all my pictures are on my phone, and I don't know how to get them onto my computer yet :( But I promise I will bring pics back to my blog soon!


Update: figured out how to get pics off my phone :)

After the soccer game, Erin and I split a kebab (duh) and then I ended up just going to bed at like 1. Maddie told me I've been mumbling in my sleep...whhyyyy am I so weird???

Meh, since I've got some extra time before my last class until the weekend (!!!), I decided in order to keep my blog visually interesting, I'll add some pics from the past Pyrenees and Barcelona trip.


Cati (now that I know you're an avid reader/judger of my blog) loving on Gill and I on the Camino


Imitating a statue at the Dali museum

No comments:

Post a Comment