Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Friday, September 3, 2010

I've got a feeling..

Yesterday I napped from about 6 to 8 pm and then dashed to the grocery store with Erin because it closed at 9. But I FINALLY got food.. that probably needed to happen like a week ago haha. We ate and got ready to go out at about 10:30. It was early for Spanish standards, but we wanted to be able to take the metro to the university side of town.

We went to this bar called Max Max and it was pretty empty because school isn't in session for Spaniards yet. In like a month it will be packed there at night. All but 2 people from our group went, so it was awesome. We totally took over. And the Italian guys that I met the night before at Bolseria came. Haha I didn't know what they looked like, but I kept making eye contact with this one guy and finally they waved and I was like OHHH. Embarrassing. But I had so much fun hanging out with them and then other people from my group came over and talked to us. Their names are Fillipo and Lorenzo. Lorenzo spoke English pretty well, but no Spanish, and Fillipo didn't speak English, but spoke Spanish well. So I was kind of alternating between languages all night.

We got back around 3 or so and I was so exhausted, I slept great. I got up at 9:30 for our Riverbed tour. Maddie and I seriously considered just going back to bed, but I'm glad I got up for it. We took the bus down a mile or two and then took a really long walk. This park used to be a river, but they drained it years ago because of a flood. So we walked like 2 and a half hours all the way to the end of the riverbed. There was this amazing playground thing that we all had fun on. And then we just laid out on a blanket in the shade and ate some food. I'd say we walked at least 4 miles. So we took the bus back to school and I definitely took a long nap when I got back.

I got up at like 5:30, showered, and now I'm gearing up for Friday night! I love 3 day weekends!


Fillipo and Lorenzo

The cool playground

1 comment:

  1. Fillipo looks like Joe Jonas! Love you Rosie!!!!!!! H!

    ReplyDelete