Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, September 16, 2010

El Pollloooo!

Ah yesterday was so much fun! I freaking slept in until 12:40. I guess I needed it. I even went to bed early on Tuesday. It was the first time I was in bed before Maddie in three weeks. Pretty special moment for her to walk in and see me there. So after I woke up, Marie and I went to get coffee at that place right by the study center. We'd been sitting there for a little while and BJ walks over and we told him to eat with us. So we sat there from like 1:15 basically until we had to go to class at 3.

For class BJ took us on the train to Sagunto. It was gorgeous and full of history. We climbed the mountain to see this ancient theatre that they've restored. In the summer they have productions there, but parts of the old Roman architecture are still visible. Then we went up to the castle on the mountain and saw where Hannibal came with his elephants and all the differences between the Roman, Arab, and Christian lifestyles there. Ok, enough history.


The theatre with the old part showing


The castle showing on the mountain


View from the top

We got back right around 6 and went to our weekly Wednesday Montaditos date. We had a huge table in the back and then there was also a huge table of staff. I love those one euro tintos. Little by little, people started leaving, but about 5 of us were left when in walks this dude in a chicken suit. Obvi I had to be friends with him. So he and all their friends sat down and one of the guys that works at our study center told us they were good people and we should be friends with them. I mean the chicken suit won me over from the beginning, but hey, reassurance is always good.


Amanda, chicken suit, and I


Duh I had to put it on

So apparently this guy lost some bet and he taught us how to do the chicken dance in Spanish. Then we taught them the English version. We sat at Montaditos for a while with them and then we decided to go to karaoke. So I got my first ride on a "moto." Ok rewind, the boys were as follows: chicken suit, one I named Harry Potter, but I'm pretty sure his name was really Enric, which isn't Harry at all, Monolo, Arturo, and Luis. Arturo's girlfriend was also with us and she was super fun. The karaoke bar was closed when we got there, but we went to this other bar to wait for a different club to open. We had fun singing and being ridiculous there.

Harry Potter took me for a motorcycle ride


Luis, Amanda, Manolo, and I at the first bar

Finally around 11:30 I think Club Tucan opened and it was a big "erasmus" party, which is basically all study abroad students. It was a rager though, let me tell you. I danced until like 3:30 am and it was seriously so fun. They played so many American songs that I was singing to. Eventually Amanda and I were the only two left of our group, so we decided to go home.


At the end. Hot mess.

I didn't get into bed until 4 and I got up at 7:30 for my class at 9. Surprisingly, I don't feel tired at all. I just don't sleep much until it hits me and I sleep it out for a few days, and then I'm ready to go again. Today I had one of my favorite classes, which is Spanish film. We watched this one called Tesis today and it was super disturbing. But I actually made it through and I don't think I'll be having too many nightmares. One night with the lights on and I'll be good haha.

So only one class until the weekend and then I leave for Amsterdam tomorrow! I basically won't be in Valencia at all for the next 10 days, but I'm still going to try and update my blog. Hasta luegooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment