Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ole Ole!

Last night we left for the metro around 9:30 or 10. There were all these people dressed up for some Spain Halloween-like festival, so it was quite an interesting metro ride. It didn't take too long to get to where the bulls were being set up. We got to see the coolest Spanish tradition ever where they blocked off a section of the streets and put up these fence-like bleachers that people climbed on top of and sat on. I was one of very few women still in the streets when they unleashed the bulls. One of the girls from our group did touch the horns though. If the bulls got close, you basically just climbed up the fence. During the third round, they lit the bulls horns on fire. I'm so glad that I got to see it.

We left around 2 and then got a taxi back home. We went out for a little while after we got back, but probably only stayed out till about 3:30. Today I slept in until 4 pm. I am so proud. That's probably the latest I've ever slept in. But I'm all rested for an allnighter at the discotec! They don't close till 7:30 am and I intend on making it until then. YES.





No comments:

Post a Comment