Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mi cumpleanos!

Well what an interesting weekend. After Javea, we went out to this place called Music Box where Cati was DJing. It was super fun and we were dancing and throwing up our club six gang signs haha. This was the first place there were legit some weird creepers following the girls around. Luckily we had our boys to save us with our code word of platypus. Amanda and I were the last two there and we stayed until at least 5:30.


Diego and I before we went out

I slept in until about 2:30 and then Erin and I got sushi. We had to get it to go because the place was closing for siesta, so we just went and sat on a curb in the plaza. I feel like that was not a normal Spanish thing to do because people were just staring us down hardcore. Our metaphor was that it felt like inception when you mess with someone else's dream and everyone starts to look at you haha. Then we went to this 6 euro dress store and I got 2 dress for 12 euros. Ballerrrr. Finally we stopped at Starbucks for the first time and got a frappaccino. It was glorious.

Then a big group of us walked to the grocery store and i bought my usual. Meat, cheese, and beer. Nice. I got to skype with my long lost lover, BEcky Wray for like 40 minutes when we got back and that was a delight. Then the pizza guy at the place next to us gave me free pizza for my birthday. Haha love him.

Then Dominic and I went out to dinner at his old boss' restaurant called Casa la Pepa. It was amaaaziiingg. They were all filled when we got there at like 10:30, so we went and got a drink at a tapas place until 11 when she was able to get us a table. We got this sampler thing with all the most delicious food like baked brie, calamari rings, croquetas, and some meat and potatoes. Then when we asked for the check, she had given it to us for free. She's literally the cutest woman ever and was super sweet. We felt pretty VIP haha.

We got back and hung out with everyone and got ready to go out. Not sure what time we left, but we went to this one bar where, if you bought a drink, you got on the list for free entry into the disco. Not really sure how all that worked. So that place was fun and then we got taxis to Lumbroccoli. Exceeeept we didn't get in. They told us you needed to be 21 to get in, which doesn't really make sense at all. But I think it's just because we were a huge, loud group of Americans. Because about 6 or 7 other people from our group made it in. So then I was all sad and we were just getting a taxi back to the study center but then our taxi driver offered to take us to Las Animas, which is another really cool disco on the beach where the whole dance floor and bar is on the rooftop. Only four of us went, so it wasn't the birthday i anticipated because I was looking forward to our whole group being together, but I still had such a blast. Thanks to the best roomie ever, Maddie, and Caitlin and Erin for celebrating my 20th in style with me :).


Looking ridiculous at the place before Lumbroccoli


Club Sixxxx


My baller roommate took such good care of me

We had a lot of fun there and eventually just Erin and I were left. We wandered around, made friends, did dumb things, danced. Life was good. We stayed until about 6:30 I think and then got a taxi back to the study center. We were absolutely determined to find kebabs then. Hahaha faillll. We wandered around the streets of Valencia for at least 25 minutes trying to find one. We found one that was closed and decided to sit in front of it until it opened. Brilliant plan. Then the ladies cleaning the streets told us it would be a long time till they opened. Haha embarrassing. So we got back to the study center around 7:30 and I thought I lost my ID while I was out so I slept on the couch. Didn't know until 1:30 when I went upstairs to use the bathroom, that my roommate had put my key in the door. Haaahaaa.



These 4 girls completed my life last night

I got to birthday skype with my parents for a while and now I should probably shower and get out of the dress that I've been wearing since last night. Classy lady.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rosie,

    Your pictures make me cry with laughter...also with sadness because I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY! I'm so glad you had fun on your birthday and it sounds like you're really enjoying Spain! Yay, so glad for you! Keep having fun :)

    LOVE! Bambi

    ReplyDelete