Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jaca Jaca, Hey Hey!

Ok so recap again. Sunday we woke up at 7 to make it to the airport for our flight at 10. Turns out it was delayed until 12:30, so we had to sit around for like 3 hours, but it wasn’t bad. I read a lot in my Spanish book. I’m loving that I understand it and all. The flight was good and we got back to the study center around 4. And I napped until like 7:30. Haha I am cool.

That night we decided to go out to our usual fav places, aka Fox Congo, Radio City, Bolseria, the whole deal. We met this group of like 10 British dudes that were in Valencia celebrating a bachelor party. The guy getting married was wearing a frog suit. Of course we became friends. They were also all wearing these big thick framed glasses and light up rings. One guy fake proposed to me with one. And someone gave me (clarification I did NOT steal these ones) his pair of glasses which I obviously sported the whole night and the next day.


Some of the group



Being proposed to

We hung out and danced with them the whole night and went with them to Music Box. It was empty but we had fun taking over anyway. Finally around 4 I left because I was tired. It was kind of unfortunate having to wake up again at 8:30 for the bus ride to Jaca, but I napped the first 2 hours anyway. We got to Jaca around 4 and it’s so beautiful. Way different than Valencia, it’s just this adorable little mountain town. It’s weird being one of the few tourists in the city.

First thing we did was get food, which was kind of a fail because it was siesta and nothing was open. But finally we got some tapas and then we met at 6 for our scavenger hunt. We were divided up into teams and had to find all these places and answer these questions. My team was the winner obvi. I talked to like 4 different old Spanish men with canes and then the police officer was intrigued by us and helped us out. He was super friendly.

I showered and napped a little before heading out that night. My eye got severely irritated from sleeping in my contacts, so I wasn’t feeling that well, but I ended up having such a fun night. A group of us just danced in the corner to every song that came on. Ignacio is my new favorite person in the entire world. He broke it down like none other.

After people began drifting back to the hotel, Claire and I stayed and made friends with these 2 guys in the military. Sounds cool, but they were actually like 30 and kind of hairy. Anyway, I still had fun talking to them in Spanish for a while and then making friends with the bartender. On the walk back to the hotel I decided it would be cool to skip down the stairs. I fell HORRIBLY and half my body is bruised. Nice. Just kidding, mom, I’m actually fine, it’s just bruises on my knees. I felt like you would be concerned upon reading the previous explanation of it.

Anyway this morning we left at 9:30 to walk part of the Camino de Santiago. It was definitely my favorite part of the day. It was just so beautiful. I’m going to ballpark that we walked for like 5 miles of it. I think I’m going to go walk part of it for the 10 day fall break with a guy in my group.

After the walk we went back to the study center for lunch. The patatas bravas were the bommmbbb. At 3 we left for the Monasterio de San Juan la Pena. I think I got that right. It was this ancient monastery and we got the whole tour of it. I feel like they said it first was built like 1000 years ago. Then we took the bus up to the top where they have the old monastery and I loved it because they made glass floors overtop everything, so you just got to walk on top and see into everything.


The first monastery


Chris and I at the top of the mountain

We got back to the hotel at like 6:30 and I finally got to shower. Probably getting dinner soon and maybe going out to the same bar…because it’s the only one open on weekdays haha. Way different than Valenc.

No comments:

Post a Comment