Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Very Spanish Day

Well today was very delightful, I must say. I woke up for my 9 am class, although we do not currently have hot water in the study center, so needless to say I skipped that little step. I had my Spanish business class, which I don't mind at all. Our teacher ended up letting us leave early because there's this deal going on where if you buy 60 euros worth of merchandise at the Valencia soccer store, you get a free ticket to the Valencia vs. Manchester soccer game tomorrow, only we found out the deal ended at 12. So at like 11:30 a few of us sprinted down there. I'm pretty pumped about my new jersey though.

At 12:15 I went on an archeology field trip to these ancient Roman ruins called something like Los Almonides. It's so close to our study center and has stuff dating back to 2 centuries before Christ was born. Crazy stuff.

When I got back I went for a run with the intention of coming back hot and sweaty and actually enjoying the cold water that we currently have. However, I ended up exploring the gardens that are across the river bed from us and only made it back in time for my class at 3. Meh. By the time it was over the cold shower was not so pleasant, but I managed.

Then I met my Spanish friend from the cultural exchange that we had a few weeks ago. His name is Seve and we hung out from 5:45 until like midnight. He doesn't speak any English, so of course I was in Spanish heaven. First we went to this one cafe and got a coffee. Then he told me he wanted to go somewhere where the seats were more comfortable haha. So we went to Sherlock Holmes and I got another coffee there. Turns out it was singles night there so there were crazy amounts of 30-40 year old single Spaniards there. Quite a sight to see.

Then at 9 he invited me to dinner with him (inviting means he pays haaahaa). So we went to this cute Spanish place and we had the "menu del dia" which consisted of croquetas and these amazing chicken strip things. Then for dessert we had this thing I'd never eaten before but the only way I can decribe it is a chocolate ball with gooey chocolate sauce inside and it had these pop rock like things on top. He laughed when I was so surprised that my mouth was popping. We stayed until midnight just chatting away about everything. I tried to explain what a sorority was to him and that was quite a struggle haha. The meal was 54 euros, but he payed for everything. Bahahaa I feel bad, except not really. I told him next time I'd pay. Aka we're getting burger king. Just kidddingggg.

Now it's almost 2 and time for bed. Couldn't be more excited for my first soccer game tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment