Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Time

Yesterday was a successful and fun day! I got up early at 7 and ran because I knew at 10 I had to be over at Loli's, or grandma's, house to take care of Ali. I had two hours on my own with her and so I took her on a long walk. We walked for almost an hour and she fell asleep in the stroller, so I stopped in a shady cafe along the beach in Puig. There were a bunch of friendly old men in there (drinking their bottles of wine at 11 am, no judgment here, friends), so I drank a pineapple juice until she woke up. They asked me if I was her mother and then someone else asked if I was her sister. Haha it's so weird to imagine I could actually have a baby right now.

Ali woke up and I kept her occupied until I knew I should get her back to grandma's house. We walked back and I successfully (and without any tears on her part) had the baby on my own for 2 hours! I felt good about that.

I went to the beach until 2 and then I took a nap. Does that surprise you? Haha what am I going to do when school starts again and I can no longer rely on afternoon naps? It'll be a sad sad day.

Andrea got home at 5 and we played in the pool for an hour. It was so cold though! I guess not at first, but since I'm mostly just watching her, making sure she's safe, I got really cold really fast. So afterward we both got hot showers and we played with Ali until her dinner was ready. Andrea ate and then we read some in the living room. I read her a story called Bichos Bola before bed and I'm pretty sure she was passed out before I finished. But I just kept reading, mostly for my own pleasure haha. How weird it is to read kids stories in another language.

At 9 I volunteered to go on a fruit buying mission to the grocery store, about a 10 minute walk away. We ate dinner pretty late last night--at like 10:30. Then for dessert Raul made us mojitos with homegrown lemons and mint. I stayed up for a little while with them and then went to bed.

I haven't put any pictures into my blog because a) I can't get my camera to work anymore because of my memory card (technology and I just don't go together...) and b) I'm running out of time because I'm headed to Loli's to watch Ali again!

Soo maybe next time I'll have it all figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment