Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Martes

Yesterday I got to do all of my favorite relaxing things. After kind of a lazy morning, at 11 am I glanced out my window and just really wanted to be outside. So I went on a run and I'm starting to be more familiar with my running path here. I always like having go-to running places because it makes anywhere feel more like home to me. After going for about 4 miles, I came home and showered and then headed back out.

There's this office of tourist information that I had tried to go to the day before to figure out the bus schedule to Valencia, but I got there at 10 and it opened at 11. So I got there at 12:30 yesterday, and of course Tuesday is the one day of the week it's closed. Good. But then I just went and sat at a cafe to get my first cafe con leche of the summer. It always makes me nervous going to outdoor cafes by myself for the first time because I never know if I should sit first, order first, pay now, pay later? Haha, but I just went up to the lady working and asked her what I should do and she was really nice.

So I sat at this table outside right on the beach. They call it the "paseo" which is kind of like the boardwalk, but it's not wood. I wrote in my journal (I wrote like 7 pages yesterday, I'm obsessed) and then finished the book I was reading on my Nook. After having been at the cafe for a while I went and walked along the beach with my feet in the water. There are these piers made out of tons of huge, flat rocks that jut out into the sea. I don't know how to describe them very well, but I have pictures.


The pier

I decided to follow one all the way out to the end and found the coolest little spot. The water rushes up around the rocks, but it's so clear and it's the best secret spot ever. The sun was sparkling on the water and I felt like I was in heaven. So finally when my little outdoor excursion was over, I went back home and napped my siesta.


The beach from my secret spot


Home

At 5 it started pouring and not long after that, Andrea came home from school. We played a lot today and she was all wound up with energy. She ended up having a temper tantrum after she finished dinner and had to be carried to bed. Hearing others cry makes Ali cry, so I had to occupy her while Alicia calmed Andrea down. All part of the au pair life! It's just funny how my day goes from so relaxing to so hectic as soon as the kids are home. I like it though.

Alicia made Raul and I dinner at 9 and then I stayed up watching a soccer game with them until midnight. This morning I actually slept in until 8:30! Wooo!

Things I find amusing:
-Raul steals tiny espresso cups from places he likes (I am not alone in owning a Starbucks espresso cup)
-We have an entire octopus that he caught, frozen in a bag in our freezer.
-Alicia threatened Andrea with calling super nanny if she didn't behave and Andrea was crying, begging her not to call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment