Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Friday, June 17, 2011

A Day with my Girls

Yesterday was a classic day in the au pair life. At 10 I went to Loli's to take Ali on a walk. We went to a few different places today, including a trip to the grocery store for me to buy this one drink I'm obsessed with. Haha it's called aquarius and it's like a lemony mix between soda and juice. I don't really know, but it's good.

We sat outside on a bench for a half an hour until it was time for me to take her back at noon. I ended up staying at Loli's for a while and she showed me the gardens and pool surrounding their complex. Their pool opens Saturday and is actually big enough for me to do laps in, so that's exciting.


Trying to make Ali laugh


Sitting in the paseo on a bench

She invited me to stay for lunch and I ate with her, her husband, Pepe, and her mom (this is Raul's grandmother and is 93 years old!). This meal was kind of...more Spanish than I could handle haha. I don't remember what it was called, but we had some sort of vegetable soup with rice and snails in it. I told Raul and Alicia I'd try snails...but I could NOT do it like this. They were still in the shell and had antennas and faces and everything. Ahhh, it gave me goosebumps. Needless to say, I ate around them.

I left around 3:30 and went on a run before Andrea and Alicia came home. It was hot, but I'm glad I did it. Today Andrea and I went to the park to play. We were there with a few other Spanish moms and their kids. I seriously wore the most mom outfit ever today haha...fully embracing my child care duties.






We played for a while and I found her a ladybug, a mariquita, which she's obsessed with. She held it in her fist for 45 minutes until it was time to leave so that she could set it free in her garden at home. She also showed it to every other kid and parent on that playground haha. I got her home around 7:15, gave her a bath, and supervised dinner. Oh routine. She went to bed pretty much right after dinner. I held the baby for a little while, but she went to bed early too.

One of Raul's friends came over and they went to dinner together. But he made Alicia and I the vegetable puree thing that he knows I love haha. I remember the first day I was here they asked if I liked hamburgers and I told them that I didn't really eat them. Mostly I just won't eat them from fast food places, but I eat them when mom cooks them. But yesterday I felt so bad because they told me that they bought hamburgers before I came to Spain, figuring I'd like them, and then they found out I was "the only American that doesn't like hamburgers." Hah, oops.

I didn't stay up very late last night...whew honestly I'm feeling a sentiment of TGIF right now. Even though I only have Andrea during the day, I feel worn out by the time night comes! Plus I didn't nap yesterday...baha that's a first.

Soon I'm headed to Loli's to take the baby once more and tonight Alicia and Raul are having a date at a restaurant, so I'll be on my own with the kiddos. One more day and then I'm free to do whatever I want on for the weekend! YES.

Things that amuse me:
1) A woman I saw today was wearing a shirt that said in gold glittery letters: "I like boys and shirt." Gooooood English right there.
2) Alicia and Raul use groupon and check it for deals every day.
3) Andrea wore a Hannah Montana hat to the park.

P.S. EMILY WOLVEN IF YOU READ THIS, I GOT YOUR POSTCARD!!! It seriously made me laugh out loud haha. Oh that glorious paradise that is CNU. Keep enjoying your summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment