Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday (aka I title my posts the day of the week when I can't think of something cooler)

Yesterday was phenomenal! Andrea ended up sleeping in until almost 10. She was just getting her breakfast and watching cartoons when Loli called saying we had to come to her house asap because Andrea had hidden Eva's (one of Andrea's aunts) wallet the night before. Haha so we went over and sure enough she knew exactly where it was. Stinker.

We played the rest of the morning and afternoon around Loli's apartment complex. We played games like lost princess...where she was a lost princess and i had to warn her not to get lost when she left the house and then cry when she did. We played a lot of other random imaginary games and went on the swings. Then we colored for a while until lunch at 2.

We stayed at Loli's until about 3. Alicia got home from work around 3:30 and then I was free for the weekend! Of course the first thing on my agenda was a nap. So I slept until 5:30 when I woke up to a call from Caitlin, who is finally moved into her beach house, thus making us within walking distance to each other. It's like a 25 minute trek along the beach, but we both like walking so it's no biggie.

I walked down her way and then we headed back to Pobla de Farnals and I showed her where I live. Andrea and Raul were in the pool when we got back, so she got to meet them. We went inside and Andrea was really shy at first, but she warmed up so quickly. Soon enough we were playing games and she was running around, screaming and having a ball. We also got to play with the baby for a while.

Caitlin and I spent a while looking into possible weekend trips. I think the goal is going to be a weekend in Ireland! I so hope that we get to do it!! Raul invited Caitlin to stay for dinner and he made some sort of zucchini omelet (sounds weird, but good), roasted green peppers, and of course a plate of ham and cheese. It wouldn't be Spain without the ham (or yam as Raul pronounces it).

We ate outside on our terrace around 11 and we had a good mix of English and Spanish practice all around. It was a really beautiful night, so around midnight Caitin and I walked the Paseo and then stopped for a drink at a place called Lloc. It was definitely the hopping place in Pobla de Farnals...meaning we got to hear some sweet Eminem songs and other classic throwbacks. We sat outside, talking, and drinking a gin and tonic until almost 2 am.

On our walk back we stopped at this cool rope playground. It's meant for children, but I'm pretty sure it would be illegal in the US due to it's potentially dangerous nature. But meh, we climbed on up. Of course I'm a tad obsessed with climbing things, so I was loving life.


A view from the top

I walked Caitlin almost all the way back home and then safely made it back to my house around 2:45. I went to bed upon my return and planned on hardcore sleeping in today. I thought my watch said 10:30 when I got up... then as I was drinking my tea I saw that it was only 9. I definitely woke up at 8:30. Why is my body so weird???

Today we have plans for a relaxing day spent at the beach and the pool. Thank goodness I have a friend so close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment