Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pool Time

Yesterday turned out to be a really good day for me. I got up kind of on the wrong side of the bed. I was just feeling sad for no real reason. I was thinking about Spanish and how I'm in college studying it and I work so hard to really become better...and then I'm surrounded by a 4 year old who, despite not even being in real school yet, can speak it more naturally than me. And then I'm around 40 year olds who have spoken it their whole lives and I just feel like no matter how hard I work or study, my Spanish won't ever be perfect. I know these are silly thoughts to be having. My Spanish is really good. I watch movies and the news and understand everything. I just wish I spoke better. But that comes with experience and practice, which I'm getting tons of this summer.

So anyway, since I was feeling down I took a long walk down the coast of the beach and after an hour my mind felt so much clearer. I just love to walk! Life makes so much more sense after a long walk with my feet in the sea.

I rested some until Andrea came home from school. I seriously had so much fun playing with her today. And I'm being completely serious! Yes, there have been some days where I'm just ready for her to go to bed, but today was just great. We went swimming together in the pool and she is such a little fish. She was splashing all around and never wanted to get out.

Finally we had to go in and I gave her a bath and dinner. Then we discovered photo booth on my computer haha. She was quite amused by it.






All in all, even though I was feeling a little lonely when I was on my own, having her around brightened my day. I got to skype with Cherie and then Raul, Alicia, and I ate octopus for dinner. Yumm. I hadn't been out to the beach at night yet, so I decided to go on a little walk. The moon was almost full and shining above the sea. While I was walking I ran into Raul's brother, his wife, and their daughter, Marta. Marta was the one celebrating her 9th birthday the day I got here. I talked to them and then went back home where I drank tea and watched a movie with Raul. If you know me well, you know I haven't seen a lot of classic movies that pretty much everyone else has. I'm pretty sure even Raul and Alicia have seen more than me because they were teasing me about not recognizing actors or having seen Americans movies that they had. Haha oh my life.

This morning I got up at 7:30 and I've already gone on my run. Turns out I didn't have to watch Alicia on my own yesterday, but I'm going over to the grandma's house at 10 to watch her. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment