Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Monday, June 27, 2011

Routine

Yesterday was just a really great and successful day for me. I feel like I had a good balance of family time and me time. I woke up at 7:30, but Andrea didn't wake up until 11, so I had a lot of time to myself in the morning.

I gave her breakfast while we watched a cartoon in which the girl made a surprise card for her parents and left it on their bed side table. So she got that idea in her head and wanted to make cards for Raul and Alicia. We went downstairs and colored for a while. Technically the card I made was for her...it had the Barney "I love you" lyrics in it and a picture of Hello Kitty...but then she told me that mine was going to be the one for Raul. Hahaha so he came home to a card from me with I love you lyrics on it. But they were both really pleased when they got home from work and found their cards.

Then Andrea and I went swimming for a half hour until lunch at Loli's. I really enjoyed lunch yesterday. I'm obsessed with the typical Valencian salads that we eat with tuna on it. We also had a really good melon...just called melon, I have no idea what kind, but apparently it's from here. Obviously there was ham present as well and then iced coffee in the end.

After lunch I told Andrea I'd buy her a balloon. When we got to the store apparently they didn't have the balloon she wanted so she found this random stick that's like a Rubik's Cube...but instead of a cube, it's in a line. I tried to talk her out of it because I didn't think she'd understand it, but it actually turned out to be really cool and Raul knew how to make a few shapes with it.

At 5, I went to Loli's to pick the baby up because Loli had to take her mom to the doctor. After that Alicia told me I should go relax so I felt no guilt at taking myself to the beach and spending an hour and a half in the evening sun.

At 7:30 I went for a run and it was lovely. I measured the distance between me and Caitlin's houses and it's almost exactly a mile and a half. I got home and took a much needed cold shower and then Raul came into the house with THREE LETTERS for me that came in the mail. Haha wow, I felt so loved :) Thanks Kristy, Amy, and Katelyn!!! I'll send out responses tomorrow!

I played with Andrea until it was time for her dinner and then I sat down for my first day of studying for the GRE. Oh lordy. It went well though. I'm not even sure if I'm going to grad school, but I know I want to take the test in the fall, just to be prepared. And at least the scores are good for a few years.

For dinner Raul made us a really good fish and some mussels. I've definitely eaten the amount of seafood that I eat in a year in this past month. But I've come to really enjoy it.

I got to skype with Becky for like 45 minutes and that made me really happy. By the time 1 am came around, I felt good about my day and ready for some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment