Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fruity Drinks Galore

Well it took m a little longer than normal to blog today...sleep was a little more important this morning haha.

Yesterday was another typical day in my life in terms of being an au pair. Played a ton with Andrea, took her to the beach and the pool, ate lunch with her at Loli's. After Alicia came home, I took a shower and set off for Caitlin's house. We waited until Adri was safely off playing with his friend, Juan, before we left for Valencia.

We had a little bit of an adventure catching the bus. First we sat for at least half an hour at the wrong stop. Then we waited for the next bus and saw it go by, but it didn't stop for us. Lucky enough, Caitlin's maid showed up at the stop then and informed us we needed to stand up in order for the bus to see us. Go us.

Finally we caught the bus at 7:05 and walked to the study center when we got to Valenica. We made plans to get 100 Montaditos with Erin after Caitlin and I hit up Zume. I literally used to go to Zume like twice a week every week when I lived in Valencia last semester. In fact, I'm sure half my blog posts were written there ha.

On my very last night there, I promised the three attractive Brazilian waiters I'd come say goodbye to them. So Maddi and I ran there right after we jumped in the Plaza de la Virgen Fountain, but it turns out they were closed for a religious holiday. So fortunately (or unfortunately, you decide) I had a notepad in my purse and we wrote them some heartfelt goodbye letter. I seriously thought that I wrote p.s. we think you're really hot or something like that in it... but when I got to Zume yesterday I talked to the Brazilians and they were like "so which one of us did you want to marry?" And I was like WHAT?? HAHA so embarrassed!! So I didn't just tell them they were hot... I told them I wanted to marry them. Why am I unsurprised?

But Caitlin and I enjoyed their free wifi and a margarita there. I'll have to come back and visit them at least one more time again before I go home. I guess I'm not as embarrassed as I thought haha.

Erin and her friend, Emily, met us there and then we walked to 100 Montaditos. It was prime Spanish dinner time, so it was packed, but we ordered our tiny sandwiches and large tinto de veranos. We used to go to this place seriously every Wednesday last year. Oh the memories. We found a little place to sit together at the bar and stayed for a while.

Then Erin wanted to show me a place called the Juice Bar that they found. We never went last semester, so I was curious to see it. It was basically the exact same thing as Zume, so I got yet another fruity drink. Haha the thought of that now makes me get goosebumps a little. Overloaded perhaps. But we hung out for a good while there and then set off for the study center.

My good old friend, David, was working, so we just stood and talked to him for hours. Exactly what I did all last fall haha. I saw a few other friends, like Wes, and enjoyed chatting until it was about time to get back home.

Caitlin and I hopped in a taxi and it was almost exactly 20 euros to get to Pobla de Farnals. Split between two people, it's not that bad though. All in all, I had a great night.

This morning waking up at 7:30 was rather unfortunate because I know I was up until like 3:30 yesterday. So while I waited for Andrea to wake up, instead of blogging like normal, I just half slept in my bed. It was much needed.

I also tried to make her watch cartoons for longer than normal so I could sleep through "Manny Manitas (Handy Manny)." It was cloudy today so we stayed inside playing all day. Gosh she wears me out. We're always running around, up and down the three flights of stairs in the house to yet another room for a different toy or something. Whew.

Lunch at Loli's was some mystery fish (mystery in terms of name, but definitely delicious) and salad. They could tell I was pretty tired and Andrea wanted to stay and play, so at 3:45 they sent me home to rest. I have to go pick her and Alicia up from their house in like half an hour, but I'm glad I got a little break.

TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!! Where the heck does the week go when I'm here???

No comments:

Post a Comment