Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Saturday, June 18, 2011

TGIF!!

Whew. Thank God it's Friday was the theme of my yesterday. Haha, don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I was definitely celebrating the proximity of a free Saturday. It was a long day for sure though.

At 10 I went to get Ali from Loli and Pepe and walked her. We went to this cute park right off the Puig beach that I discovered on my walk there. It's so green and had all these nice benches in the shade. I got her back before her lunch at 12 and then I had some time to myself.


Ali at the park

I walked about 1/2 a mile to a quieter beach where there weren't as many people. I felt like I could've stayed forever. It was the perfect weather. Like low 80s with a perfect breeze. But at 2:30 I got up because I really wanted to read my book at the cute Puig cafe. I've finally got my Spanish cafe skills down and didn't feel like a lost puppy when I sat down outside. Haha you'd think I'd be confident with these things by now, but I still get nervous the waiter won't notice me when I sit down outside or something.


Beach I sat on


The little walkway from the beach to the cafe


My view from the cafe

I finished the book I'd been reading. I've read 2 books in 2 weeks haha. Good thing I put a lot on my Nook before I left. I stayed at the cafe for over an hour, reading, drinking my coffee and Aquarius. I only spent about 10 euros this week so far so I've been making a profit. Maybe I'll save all my extra au pair money for a shopping spree haha.

I got home around 4 and had time to check some things off my to-do list before Andrea came home at 5. I think because it was Friday, my patience was just really low. We played in the garden and she was just doing normal 4 year old things, but I was getting so frustrated! Bathtime was a celebration just because I knew I didn't have to do it for the next two days ha.

Andrea cried intensely before dinner because her parents had a date planned and she didn't want her mom to leave. When they pulled out of the driveway she wouldn't get down from the countertop for a solid 10 minutes. Finally I lured her down with Hello Kitty stickers and cartoons. Maybe it was the proximity of her bedtime or maybe it was the glass of wine I poured myself, but I had a lot more fun with her at night. We played on photobooth, which she loves. Then I painted my nails and she begged me to paint hers too. I thought her parents might kill me haha. So as soon as they walked in the door, I confessed to it. But they didn't mind.


Really cute, right? Haha



I put her to bed a little before 11 and then Raul and Alicia returned at 11:30. I skyped with dad and then went to bed at midnight. I set my alarm for 5:30 to see the sunrise on the beach. I didn't actually make it to the beach, but I watched it rise over the Mediterranean from my bed with my pillows propping me up. Then I went back to bed. Haha, best of both worlds. I'll make it out to the beach for it sometime next week.

I got up at 8:30. The whole house is already awake... I feel bad for Alicia because I think Ali slept badly. I heard her crying a lot in the night...although I'm lucky because she was silent while I was home alone with her.

I'm excited for the freedom of my Saturday and to finally have an English conversation when I meet up with another au pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment