Rosemary Barton
Avenida Neptuno 3
Urb. Port Mar N. 19
46137 Playa Pobla de Farnals
Valencia Spain

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Day in the Life

Yesterday I woke up and got to go swimming at the pool at Loli's apartment complex because it finally opened this weekend. Unlike ours, this one is really long and actually has lanes...well sort of. It has lanes, but they aren't roped off and people don't pay any attention to you if you're swimming in one... sooo about a half hour after I started, like 10 pre-teen kids got in and I found that I could not longer swim in straight line. Hah.

So I decided to hit the beach and then take a walk. By the time I got home, I only had a few minutes until Andrea arrived. I took her to Loli's pool because there's a nice little kiddie section where she can stand. Playing in the pool with her is probably my favorite activity to do together since it's fun for both of us.

At 7 I took her out and was in charge of her dinner because Alicia had to take the baby to the doctor. But not to worry, it only required cooking some meat in a pan and flipping it a few times. This was far more of a success than my attempt at eggs. Andrea really likes ketchup...I had to make her actually eat her ketchup with the meat rather than just putting a fork full of plain ketchup in her mouth. Gross haha.

When the parents got home, it was close to time to put her to bed. I read her a story and life was good. I also had Alicia by myself for a while while Alicia showered and Raul walked the dog. I sang her Old McDonald and she was happy.

For dinner we ate eggplant and broccoli. My family is on an intense diet, so I guess I get the benefits of it too ha. Well they always offer to cook me extra stuff...they're good people, I promise haha.

I got to skype with Becky last night and it was so nice. I never realize how much I miss having English conversations, until I actually get to have them. Sometimes it gets lonely, but the other au pair, Caitlin, is moving to the beach tomorrow! We'll be able to walk to each others' houses! Plus today is Andrea's last day of school, which means tomorrow I have a complete change in routine. Instead of having her only at nights, I'll be in charge of her during the day and have my nights free. We'll see how it goes!!

Sorry I didn't take any pictures yesterday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment